Mission & Beliefs
Our mission is to consistently improve the employment opportunities, home environments, and community connections of individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental illnesses who need substantial supports, so that their independence and self-worth are enhanced and the community in which they live and work realizes the benefits of their citizenship.
- Have a stable home of their choice.
- Be employed in rewarding jobs with benefits, growth opportunities, fair wages and flexible schedules.
- Determine their service and define what improve means for them.
- Experience discreet, non-intrusive, individualized supports of their choice.
- Be good neighbors who actively participate in their community and belong to community clubs, associations, leagues etc.
- Have access for affordable, accessible, and flexible transportation.
- Have opportunities to return to their roots (village, family, etc.).
- To experience community acceptance on a day-to-day basis.
- Be respected and heard.
- Have a reputation and identify free from the human service system.
- Make their own decisions based on informed decisions.
- Be seen as givers/contributors to the community.
- Be self advocates—network with each other for support.
- Experience a sense of confidence and empowerment and control.
- Have a variety of friends.
- Understand the obligation of service providers and expect it to be fulfilled.
- Get only the services they request.